Thursday, January 6, 2011

my tentative top 5 fave films of an incomplete year

Usually I whip up my top 10 films of the year list around Oscar time, when I've had an opportunity to finally catch up with everything I've wanted to see, and also had a chance to reflect a bit, all under the umbrella of not giving a shit about the Oscars. However, I'll go ahead and post my incomplete list of films that kicked me in the ass during this year. Keep in mind that I'm REALLY behind in my movie watching. I haven't even seen Black Swan or True Grit yet, two seemingly slam dunk slabs of entertainment for my viewing pleasure.

1. Valhalla Rising (dir-Nicolas Winding Refn) - My review here.

2. Blue Beard (dir-Catherine Breillat)

3. My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done (dir-Werner Herzog)

4. The Ghost Writer (dir-Roman Polanski)

5. Greenberg (dir-Noah Baumbach)

runner up - A Prophet (dir-Jacques Audiard)

Again, I still have A LOT of movies to watch, so this is a total work in progress. If you don't see your favorite movie of the year on my list, it may be because I haven't seen it yet or I think it sucks. Either way...DEAL.



No comments:

Post a Comment